Welcome back to our Friday appointment, Mobile Devs! In our industry news roundup, we sum up the biggest stories from the past week and . We provide you what impressed us the most. It was an incredible week, full of deals and numbers shared with the public. Discover here the most relevant events of the week.
At Pointvoucher we believe that by working together, we can add value to mobile gaming apps. Through our platform, you can reach a larger user base and increase user engagement. We can help mobile game developers to expand their business, and you can find out how it all works here.
- Throughout the week, 35 new games appeared on Pointvoucher’s platform. You can find the complete list here.
- Check out our opinion piece on the rise of mobile gaming and the fall of console gaming here.
Mobile Gaming News
- Pocket Gamer revealed that Com2uS has acquired a majority stake in fellow Korean developer AllM. AIIM’s are best known for their Kritika series.
- The partnership between EA and Disney has gone from strength to strength. Games Industry Biz reported revenues of $3 billion, with $1 billion of this coming from the mobile game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
- The News Minute posted news that Mobile Premier League raised $95 million in Series D round, now is valued at $945 million.
- European Gaming: “Vermantia has launched a brand new Mobile-optimised Virtual Football League“.
- AdColony Announced Sponsorship Agreement with Mazer Gaming. Via Europe Gaming.
- Ludo Zenith, a partnership between Square Enix and JetSynthesys, is up for pre-registrations on Google Play. Read the details in the full article on NDTV.
- Tencent and NetEase remain App Annie’s top publishers for the fourth year running. Via Pocket Gamer.
- 40 of App Annie’s top 52 mobile companies make mobile games. Via McvUK.
- Mobile-gaming developer Playstudios is going public through a merger. Via The Wall Street Journal.
- Red Bull is launching an AR Mobile Game Series. Via Tubefilter.
- Embracer Group have been busy in the past few days, acquiring Aspyr Media for a potential $450m, via Pocket Gamer; Gearbox in a $1.3 billion deal, via PC Gamer; and Easybrain for $640m, via Pocket Gamer.
- Phoenix Games have acquired SmileyGamer. Via Game Industry Biz.
- Gaming startup MPL have fundraised $95 million. Read the full article on Business Standard.
Mobile gaming Industry Opinion
- The Motley Fool explains why Glu Mobile Stocks are a good investment.
- Could cloud gaming transform the gaming industry in the next few years? A report from Advanced Television discusses this topic.
- Newsd In gives an overview of what’s next in the Mobile gaming industry.
Is your company looking to grow your user engagement and retention rates? If so, we can help! Check out Pointvoucher for more information.