Happy Friday Mobile Developers! Welcome to this week’s Mobile Gaming Industry News Roundup! Pointvoucher gives you a compressed overview of the main events that happened this week. There were fewer acquisitions than last week when Embracer spent almost $2.4 billion dollars.
Pointvoucher is a platform that, among other things, helps app developers increase user retention rates. We do this by rewarding users with real-life rewards for the amount of time they play. We recently launched Premium Membership, which offers brand new games and rewards only for Premium Members. Discover more about us here.
As ever, it’s been a busy week at Pointvoucher HQ. We are helping the growth of many Mobile Gaming studios with our platform and our SDK.
- From Monday the 8th of February, 2 new games were published on our homepage.
- A new article was posted on our blog. It talks about one of our rewards, the Amazon free card. You can read it here.
Mobile Gaming News
- All 150 of Apple’s Arcade Apps are now available on the Apple Store. Via Pocket Gamer Biz.
- As reported by PC Gamer, Epic’s new MetaHuman tool can create ridiculously accurate facial expressions. Check out the spectacular video in the link.
- Games Industry Biz reveals that FunPlus has hired former Zynga employee Chris Petrovic as Chief Business Officer.
- Inspired have launched Temple of Light – an online & mobile slot game. Via European Gaming
- EA is to acquire Glu Mobile for $2.1bn in a move that will dramatically increase their mobile offerings. Via McvUK.com.
- Gamestream has teamed up with Chunghwa Telecom to launch an iOS cloud gaming app in Taiwan. Via Pocket Gamer Biz
- Tencent has bought a minority stake in Arma developer Bohemia Interactive. Via Pc Gamer.
- Ten Square Games is set to open Berlin studio. The former Wooga Patrick McGrath will be at the helm. Pocket Gamer reported it.
- Homa Games have raised a record $15 million, making them the recipients of the largest European Seed round in 2021. Via European Gaming.
- 2020 was a mixed bag for Zynga, as they posted both record revenues and record net losses. Via Games Industry Biz.
- McvUK.com reports that TinyBuild has acquired three studios, including the developers of Totally Reliable Delivery Service.
- SayGames have reached two billion downloads. Via Pocket Gamer Biz.
- Terraria has canceled their port to Stadia in a tit-for-tat reprisal against Google. In fact, Google locked their accounts “without explanation”. Reported by McvUK.com.
- Via Games Industry Biz. Niantic launched Black Developers Initiative. It offers funding and mentorship. Made to support underrepresented Black developers.
Mobile Gaming Opinion
- In Pocket Gamer Biz, Unity’s Danny Lange has explained how AI is breaking new ground within the games industry.
- Games Industry Biz gives has an opinion about the acquisitions. They say that dreams of easy money create a risk of tough acquisitions.
- Pocket Gamer Biz examine whether opt-ins could save niche targeting.
Is your company looking to grow your user engagement and retention rates? If so, we can help! Check out Pointvoucher for more information.