Happy Friday Mobile Developers! Welcome to this weekly Mobile Gaming Industry News Roundup! Pointvoucher gives you a compressed overview of the main events that happened this week. There was much news since our last report. Continue reading for knowing more.
Pointvoucher is a platform that, among other things, helps app developers increase user retention rates. We do this by rewarding users with real-life rewards for the amount of time they play. We recently launched Premium Membership, which offers brand new games and rewards only for Premium Members. So, discover more about us here.
As ever, it’s been a busy week at Pointvoucher HQ. We are helping the growth of many Mobile Gaming studios with our platform and our SDK.
- From the last News Roundup, 15 quality games were published on our platform.
- A new promotion was launched for the Premium Membership. You can discover more here.
Mobile Gaming News
- Stratosphere Games raises $2.5 million for new projects. So, know more on Pocket Gamer Biz.
- As reported by PC Gamer, Respawn bans more than 700 high-ranked Apex Legends players.
- Games Industry Biz reveals that Trufan raises $2.3m and acquires Playr.gg.
- OneTouch sets sail for the horizon in Loot or Boot. Then, continue reading on European Gaming
- Indie Game incubator starts accepting applications for programs supporting indies. So, click on McvUK.com to discover more.
- Fundamentally Games teams up with Buzz Capital for new User Acquisition Testing Program. Via Pocket Gamer Biz
- The next Among Us map is finally coming out, Pc Gamer explains why it took longer than expected.
- The casino was the second-biggest genre in the US in Q4 2020. Pocket Gamer reported it.
- GameAnalytics Joins Huawei Ecosystem as the Latest Platform Partner. Via European Gaming.
- Embracer Group raising over $890m for even more acquisitions. Therefore, click on Games Industry Biz.
- The UK consumer games market hit a record value of £7bn in 2020. Via McvUK.com.
- Puzzle titles hit $4.6 billion in player spending in the US in the past year. Then, continue reading Pocket Gamer Biz.
- Unity keynote showcases a strong title lineup and concentrates on visual scripting, netcode, and rendering pipelines. Reported by McvUK.com, so click on the link to discover the applications.
- Tencent, Sony, Square Enix invest in cloud gaming company Ubitus. So, discover more information on Games Industry Biz.
Mobile Gaming Opinion
- McvUK.com asks if your gaming IP could benefit from a less intensive format? We look into the huge reach of Rival Peak.
- Games Industry Biz gives us an opinion about Super Nintendo World. They say that is a milestone for gaming.
- Carry1st’s Nick Murray talks about why game economy design is essential for the success of your game. Therefore, read more on Pocket Gamer Biz.
Is your company looking to grow your user engagement and retention rates? If so, we can help! Check out Pointvoucher for more information.